[Fedora-marketing-list] suse/opensuse contributors For Fedora ?

Michel Salim michel.salim at gmail.com
Sat Nov 4 17:47:25 UTC 2006

On 11/4/06, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Maxime Carron wrote:
> > Some KDE users have left Fedora, because fedora was including a too old
> > KDE.
>
> Can you be more specific? What version of Fedora didnt include the
> latest KDE at that time?
>
> > The second point is : KDE is 1 block on fedora. Just few big packages.
> > KDE-base, KDE-network, includes most of the basic applications
> > (konqueror, kopete, konversation, ...)
> >

> Splitting up packages can make it harder for maintenance. Some of the
> packages under review are being evaluated to do this however.

We are only splitting the binary RPMs, right? In which case the slight
increase in maintenance overhead is well worth it - I don't use KDE as
my desktop but there are some KDE applications I don't mind using,
provided I don't have to install, say, the entire kdenetwork RPM.

By the way, what do people think about changing the button order of
KDE and GNOME depending of which desktop one's using?

For KDE:
http://dot.kde.org/1085457478/

For GNOME, the corresponding file is ~/.gtkrc

--
Michel Salim

Don't worry about avoiding temptation -- as you grow older, it starts
avoiding you.
                -- The Old Farmer's Almanac