[Fedora-marketing-list] suse/opensuse contributors For Fedora ?

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Nov 6 23:32:06 UTC 2006

Chitlesh GOORAH wrote:
> Hello there,
> Like many of you have seen in many mailing lists, suse/opensuse users
> and contributors are disgusted.
>
> Here, these users/contributors are mostly pro-kde, it's normal because
> it's suse. However some/these contributors are in search of another
> distro who supports KDE.
>
> Since Fedora Project already started working on UnleashKDE and will be
> looking for community fedora KDE contributors, I feel we need to
> market more on Fedora's KDE status and community contributors are
> respected!
>
> The idea came when a friend of mine,
> - a KDE contributor who spends time writing documentation and do
> french translation
> - user of opensuse
> suddenly seriously looking for another distro who supports KDE.
>
> People like him would be useful for the fedora community !!
>
> What do you think about it ?
> Any plans to make fedora benefit from this ?
>
> Even if you are not a KDE user, you can still have your say,huh!

Improving the KDE experience in Fedora is a worthy goal and you can tell
potential users and contributors looking to use KDE on Fedora that we
are planning on improving it significantly. However there is no need to
target OpenSUSE or any specific distribution at the project level.

Ideologically that divisiveness between Linux users is bad. Practically,
none of the distributions have enough market enough to be worth it
compared to Windows or even better people who havent used computers yet.