[Fedora-marketing-list] Community - Was - Ubuntu Release Party...

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Nov 12 05:03:55 UTC 2006

Karlie Robinson wrote:

> Every time I see a mention of RTFM I just cringe.

It wasnt. He said it should be documented. I pointed out it already was.
Thats very different from "RTFM".

> Michael brings up a good point about booting the first disc.  Even as an
> ambassador he finds the info hard to come by so why would you expect the
> average user to home in on it?
>
> You guys are always focused on Ubuntu because, I can only assume, you've
> got user envy.

Who is "you guys" here?

> But with "end users don't read much" it's no wonder there aren't as many
> Fedora users.

Stating a fact wouldnt drive away users. I contribute to documentation
and number of times in fedoraforum and fedora-list that I had to point
out to my own documentation is several hundreds for every release. If
anybody working in documentation believes that end users actually read
all of the documentation, do let me know.

> My best advice for Michael and Rahul... Tip of the week!  Not only would
> you be helping novice users, but you'd get people into the documentation
> to do a little more learning on their own.
>
> I'm sure a tip of the week would be a welcome addition to Fedora Weekly
> News.

It had one before. I guess we havent had many tips coming in these days.
I am sure contributors to that section is welcome.