[Fedora-marketing-list] Re: Community - Was - Ubuntu Release Party...

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sun Nov 12 22:41:31 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-11-12 at 07:24 -0500, Sam Folk-Williams wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-11-12 at 09:38 +0100, Nicola Losito wrote:
> > Il giorno 12/nov/06, alle ore 09:18, Rahul Sundaram ha scritto:
> >
> > > Not sure what this means. Are you talking about the Fedora Weekly
> > > News wiki or the Fedora Project wiki? A weekly tips section of
> > > weekly news doesnt require wiki access and you can just email the
> > > editor. How do you want to simplify access to that?
> >

> > As I've said in a previous mail i was thinking about our projects Wiki
> > which - for me - must be the primary resource for anything Fedora,
> > even if at first stages it will work as a bookmark to other's
> > resources.
> >

> This would be a good time for a plug to the knowledge base idea. This
> was recently raised on the docs list and I am a strong advocate. A kbase
> could allow for easier submission of targeted tips and how-tos. Then we
> could pull from here into "tip of the day"
>
> That's how Red Hat magazine gets it's tips section - from the
> kbase.redhat.com site...
>
> Rahul - I know you discussed this in the past in regards to Klear in
> particular. Can we revive this?

I put up a workable tip-a-day mechanism over 6 months ago.  You can see
a mockup at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PaulWFrields/TipTest where I
directed people to test and comment on it.  It can be done entirely with
a simple wiki function, and just needs to be integrated into the front
page.  That's not a kbase substitute, but we don't need a whole kbase to
get this started.

IIRC, I held off at Patrick's request in favor of some front page
revamping.  That revamping never really happened, and this got
back-burnered.  I'm happy to put it on the front page if people would
just look at the darn test and comment.  Even if you say it's not good
enough for a band-aid fix, no problem.