[Fedora-marketing-list] Re: Community - Was - Ubuntu Release Party...

Marc Wiriadisastra marc at mwiriadi.id.au
Mon Nov 13 01:11:57 UTC 2006

On Sun, 2006-11-12 at 18:50 -0500, Sam Folk-Williams wrote:
> On Sun, 2006-11-12 at 17:41 -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> > > This would be a good time for a plug to the knowledge base idea. This
> > > was recently raised on the docs list and I am a strong advocate. A kbase
> > > could allow for easier submission of targeted tips and how-tos. Then we
> > > could pull from here into "tip of the day"
> > >
> > > That's how Red Hat magazine gets it's tips section - from the
> > > kbase.redhat.com site...
> > >
> > > Rahul - I know you discussed this in the past in regards to Klear in
> > > particular. Can we revive this?
> >
> > I put up a workable tip-a-day mechanism over 6 months ago.  You can see
> > a mockup at http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PaulWFrields/TipTest where I
> > directed people to test and comment on it.  It can be done entirely with
> > a simple wiki function, and just needs to be integrated into the front
> > page.  That's not a kbase substitute, but we don't need a whole kbase to
> > get this started.
> >
> > IIRC, I held off at Patrick's request in favor of some front page
> > revamping.  That revamping never really happened, and this got
> > back-burnered.  I'm happy to put it on the front page if people would
> > just look at the darn test and comment.  Even if you say it's not good
> > enough for a band-aid fix, no problem.
> >
> I looked at it a ways back and I think it's great. Actually I put it in
> another mock-up with a little different css usage:
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SamFolkWilliams/draftMainSandbox
>
> I think we should just do this.

Sorry for the double post.  I have to say after looking at both Paul's
version have the text in the right place I say this because that was the
first place I looked to the screenshot.  Colours (Colors) attract people
to look there so placing the next there is a great idea.

Only one complaint Paul and it might be my screen resolution but the
text overlapped the bottom line so there was writing over the bottom
line under the screenshot.

I like it though :)

Regards,

Marc