[Fedora-marketing-list] Re: fedora-ve logo?

Gian Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Tue Nov 14 00:58:21 UTC 2006

Nicu Buculei escribió:

> It is "Bryant2 Medium Alternate no. 2" (or bold ?) - see it in the
> "Test Typer":
> http://www.processtypefoundry.com/testtyper/index.php?loadfont=bryant%20pro
>

> And i think this approximation is quite close:
> http://fedora.nicubunu.ro/artwork/logo/fedora_font.svg (it was made
> from scratch, using Bryant just as a visual reference)

Sorry to resurrect a difunct thread, first of all...

When this was first discussed I got that SVG file you linked to, and in
recent days I have been working on it, extending the characters and even
imported many of the characters into Font Forge, however I want to know
a couple of things: Are you the original author of these  SVG glyphs? If
so, so you have any inconvenience that I do extended work on the glyphs?
Now I would openly ask if there would be any inconvenience of having a
"fedora" font, which would look like (but not be exactly the same) as
the official logotype typeface? Before I do anything with the .sfd I
would like to know if it would be OK to do so.