[Fedora-marketing-list] Re: [Ambassadors] Name for future Fedora distribition?

Chris Negus cnegus at rucls.net
Thu Nov 30 22:33:00 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-11-30 at 14:43 -0500, Steve Barnhart wrote:
> I agree, How about just keeping it Fedora and/or Fedora Linux,
> everyone knows that and no point in confusing people again. No one
> really cared about the Core part anyway, IMO it was a stupid name.

I agree with Fedora Linux. Someone looking for a Linux system that isn't
already in the choir will find it more easily in searches. Those of us
who were writing about Red Hat Linux were thrown into naming hell when
Red Hat Linux shifted to Fedora Core. Fedora Linux would have softened
the blow.

-- Chris Negus