[Fedora-marketing-list] Re: [Ambassadors] Name for future Fedora distribition?

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Thu Nov 30 22:37:42 UTC 2006

On Thursday 30 November 2006 17:33, Chris Negus wrote:
> I agree with Fedora Linux. Someone looking for a Linux system that isn't
> already in the choir will find it more easily in searches. Those of us
> who were writing about Red Hat Linux were thrown into naming hell when
> Red Hat Linux shifted to Fedora Core. Fedora Linux would have softened
> the blow.

Personally I'd like to name the distribution releases with "Linux", so you get
Fedora Desktop Linux 7 (Naugahyde), Fedora Server Linux 7 (Naugahyde), etc...

A book that covers all of the Fedora Linux releases could use the
generic "Fedora Linux" term.

We still have to name the pile of packages collection.