[Fedora-marketing-list] Fedora compatability

Rino Mardo rino.mardo at fedoraproject.org
Mon Oct 16 13:28:01 UTC 2006

Matt Bacon wrote:
> Hi I am considering going over to fedora as a secondary operating system
> due to the Linux appeal. I am enquiring about my computer and its
> compatibility.
>

> 1) I have a "ralink turbo wireless LAN card" is this compatible, as I do
> not have an Ethernet port so it is my only access to the Internet?
>

> 2) I am using a Laptop for the installation and due to this i have a set
> screen size. (1280 x 800) is this compatible with fedora?
>

> Thanks for your help in advance
>

> Matt Bacon

1. it seems supported. i googled for "ralink turbo wireless LAN card"
and they all point to it being realtek card. so i would presume using a
realtek driver would help.

2. screen size or resolution is not an issue. since you didn't mention
your laptop try going to linux-laptop.net and maybe you could find your
laptop brand there. i would also suggest checking our
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/HCL

hope this helps.

don't be afraid to ask again.

cheers