[Fedora-marketing-list] Re: Ubuntu Release Party in Beijing, what about Fedora?

Jasper Hartline jasperhartline at adelphia.net
Mon Oct 30 10:49:16 UTC 2006

Leo wrote:
> who is actually spreading misinformation. Even with a minimal
> selection of packages, Anaconda will warn users to have 5CD at hand.

Dependant upon the package selection you choose Anaconda will state
which CDs you need.
With a minimal selection of packages, Fedora Core requires CDs 1 and 2,
yes you are spreading
misinformation.
> If we indicate in the release notes that the default package selection
> only requires the first two CDs. I think that will save the majority
> of the users a lot of trouble.

To be able to download and install for free, an open source operating
system
that provides some of the most up to date sofware available for Linux
coming from a company who
contributes to the OSS community a great deal, I don't neccessarily see
installing Fedora Core
as any bit of "trouble".

If users are needing to save grief in installing software that causes
"trouble" they need to stop using
that software. There are just too many people who think this way as you
describe and personally, it's sickening to me.

J. Hartline