[Fedora-marketing-list] RH making fun of us ?

Rahul sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Sep 2 19:06:06 UTC 2006

Tejas Dinkar wrote:
> On Thu, 2006-08-31 at 19:50 -0400, Jeremy Hogan wrote:
>> I just don't se why they can't acknowledge that Fedora is great, which
>> makes RHEL even greater.
>
> They way I see it,
>
> RHEL is just a way for Red Hat to get some money, so they can invest it
> into improving Fedora.
>
> In any case, I object to the quoted statement.
>
> What's so great about RHEL anyway, that it is greater than fedora?
>
> --T

What's so great about an apple that makes it greater than a orange sort
of question. I dont think thats the argument presented anywhere. RHEL is
better suited for a certain class of people and industries who want a
longer lifecycle, support agreements among other benefits. Obviously if
Red Hat thought that RHEL is always greater than Fedora, it wouldnt be
investing anything in Fedora at all.