[Fedora-marketing-list] Re: Fedora Core 6 Beta 2 Review

Leon sdl.web at gmail.com
Sun Sep 3 12:13:42 UTC 2006

On Sat, 02/09/06 22:19 +0100, Rahul wrote:

> Leon wrote:
>> On Sun, 03 Sep 2006 01:10:33 +0530, Rahul wrote:
>>
>>> Hi
>

>>> http://gnuman.com/distros/fedora_core_6_beta_2_review.html
>>>
>>> Rahul
>>>

>> What a poor review this is!
>>
>> I'll bet the reviewer is not a serious user of fedora core.
>>
>> But we can't blame the author. Just go to fedoraproject.org try if you
>> can find what's new in FC6.
>>

> Why would fedoraproject.org frontpage list the new features of a in
> progress development version?
>
> Rahul

No, it shouldn't. But it should be easy for people to access (by search
or whatever) future release info.

In fact if we put in the front page "Top 10 key features in Fedora
core 6" extracted from this page

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FC6ReleaseSummary

and form the latest news without preview text it might be better.

When I first started using GNU/Linux in 2002, people around me wound
recommend redhat. Nowadays, it's completely different.

--
Leon