[Fedora-marketing-list] info at fp.org redirect

Max Spevack mspevack at redhat.com
Mon Sep 18 17:43:15 UTC 2006

Hi all,

the info at fedoraproject.org alias has long been one of the entry points
into the Fedora community for various users, prospective Fedora folks,
people with random problems who don't know where else to turn, etc.

For the past months, that alias has redirected to the Fedora Ambassadors
Steering Committee list.  It's worked moderately well, but the number of
people on that list who have sufficient time to devote to the answers is
not enough to do it justice.

So we're going to try an experiment.  Instead of directing those inquiries
to FAMSCO, we're going to direct them here, to fedora-marketing-list.  I'm
hoping that the wider readership of this list will lead to a faster
turnaround time for the questions, higher quality responses, etc.

Even better would be if there are a few members of this list who are
particularly interested in helping with this project and are able to help
update our FAQ, or create answers that are consistent in their messaging,
etc.

For example, this page has been created in response to one of the most
frequent emails that we get:
 	http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/ServerTestPage

I'm hopeful that this list will be able to do a better job of handling the
various emails that come into info at fedoraproject.org.

Thanks for your attention,
Max

--