[Fedora-marketing-list] who has some CSS/wiki foo?

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Thu Sep 21 18:12:33 UTC 2006

Hi Max,

Max Spevack wrote:
> So I did some minor changes last night to FedoraMain, the front page of
> the wiki.
>
> But I think we need to do a lot more to make it look good.

So we've had discussions about making the wiki a lot nicer in the past,
and some mockups have floated around, but I guess nothing ever came from
it because of moinmoin or some other technical limitations?

One idea I remember in particular was to have little banner ads on the
right nav bar thing to point absolute beginners to things, for example -
Want to contribute Fedora and don't know how? Find a mentor! or maybe
quick links to downloads, etc.

Also we don't actually have a persistent navbar, although this is
possible with moinmoin (see http://linux-mm.org/ which Rik van Riel
runs). If we had a persistent navbar that was designed well it would be
a great benefit as well.

Anyway, I can offer my services as far as graphics, mocking things up,
and html/css (and I'm sure the Fedora art team would be excited about
getting involved as well) but maybe we should figure out first from the
appropriate folks what is even possible to implement given our current
system?

~m