[Fedora-marketing-list] Re: Re: [Ambassadors] Fedora in numbers!!!

Chitlesh GOORAH chitlesh at fedoraproject.org
Wed Sep 27 14:39:19 UTC 2006

On 9/27/06, Rex Dieter <rdieter at math.unl.edu> wrote:
> You betcha! (:
>
> Personally, I'm of the mind to go KISS (keep it simple, stupid) and
> recommend going with kde default crystal(icon)/plastik(widgets).

It depends simple for whom ?
I don't think our KDE is "Simple" with :
- long Kmenu (2 menus which basically say the same thing, (e.g
Administration and Settings)
- software confusion, 2 or more software which do the same thing (e.g
kwrite, kate, kedit)

Definitely, a newbie who wants to use KDE with fedora will have to
spend more time to understand what is what in fedora's KDE.

As an ambassador in Strasbourg, I've seen many former Mandriva users
(kde), migrating to KUbuntu. If you say KUbuntu(with the default
theme) is simple, I might agree.

It's hard, as an ambassador to convince people that you might use KDE
with fedora.
A screenshot of fedora's Kmenu is enough to frighten any newbie.

The question which must be taken into consideration is:
Vista is coming out soon, Ubuntu(and KUbuntu) is making thing more
simple with XGL. Fedora with KDE, how will it look like with aiglx ?

Chitlesh
--
http://clunixchit.blogspot.com