Fedora Marketing Problem with LiveCD

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Apr 2 15:06:42 UTC 2007

Rodrigo Padula de Oliveira wrote:

> Hi Guys!!
>
> Last weekend i tested the Fedora LiveCD (Gnome and KDE).
>
> I have noted a BIG problem. This cds doesn't has OpenOffice.
>
> I believe that the OpenOffice Presenter is a VERY IMPORTANT SOFTWARE in
> the LiveCD.  LiveCd is used to make presentations and demonstrations
> about Fedora and how can I do this without a OpenOffice Presenter.
>
> Koffice and others dont have the same OpenOffice quality and compatibility.
>
> I have many others sugestions based in the profile of the LiveCd users.
>
> For who can i send changes and  package suggestions?

fedora-livecd-list.

This was however a very conscious decision. Openoffice.org+ L10N fonts
leaves little room for any other software. The decision was made to make
the live cd accommodate all languages that we have in Fedora and skip
openoffice.org.

There has been some talks about having different variants that cover
some regional groups like say U.S, Europe, Asia etc however that is
unlikely to be done for Fedora 7.

The best solution for you is to yum install livecd-tools and create your
own Live cd  based on one of the  kickstart files that live cd currently
uses. It is really easy to do that if you have the bandwidth to download
the required RPMS.

Btw, I am playing with the tool currently to see if we can create a
really minimal live cd with fluxbox. It is been pretty interesting.