Mascot - Blue Arrara

Máirín Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Mon Apr 9 15:14:00 UTC 2007

Alex Maier wrote:
> On 4/9/07, Máirín Duffy <duffy at redhat.com> wrote:
>> Alex Maier wrote:
>> > Well, unless we are seriously considering marketing Fedora to
>> > kindergarden demographic, I doubt that we need a mascot. But hey, who
>> > am I to doubt the wisdom of the majority vote?
>>
>> Linux has tux the penguin
>> BSD has chuck the demon guy
>
> Yes as logos, and we have one too, just not one that is easily made in
> form of a cuddly stuffed doll.

And herein lies the problem. The licensing/etc issues around the logo
have made it such that it can be difficult for community members to
actually use it (eg Fedora art team) or even interpretations of it.

For the community to create something that they made and own would be
nice, I think. And it's nice to have something cuddly to give out at
conference booths. Maybe I'm silly tho.

~m