a call to action [Fwd: LWN headline: Blame Fedora = High Praise]

Peter Gordon peter at thecodergeek.com
Thu Apr 12 22:27:51 UTC 2007

Karsten Wade wrote:
> Codec Buddy is a great step/improvement here.  I like the idea of
> confronting the situation head-on, proactively.  Pages on the Wiki and
> pointing at them after someone complains is reactive.

Agreed. It's a nice way of getting legal support for these things should the
user opt for them, while still keeping the Fedora as-is Free.

> * More original content in Ogg format

This part is simple enough, as recent Rhythmbox releases now feature built-in
support for the Magnatune music store and Jamendo CC-licensed music library.
AmaroK has a similar Magnatune plugin, as I recall.
--
Peter Gordon (codergeek42)
This message was sent through a webmail