expanding Fedora user base

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Apr 13 10:37:44 UTC 2007

Mohd Izhar Firdaus Ismail wrote:

> <OT>
> ei?? .. suddenly this thread become another mascot discussion thread
> :P  .. perhaps we really do need a mascot coz since that topic came up
> everyone looks so happy & excited with it + I want more fedora-related
> artworks @ gnome-look .. its a pity that almost all wallpapers in
> gnome-look are ubuntu stuff
> </OT>

We hope to have our own place to host and share artwork (and why not
multimedia content):
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Artwork/Communication

> what I see so far  Fedora seems to attract tinkerers and serious
> people (business, tech experts, etc)  rather common people .. I
> believe thats what Rick meant by "warm and fuzzy" .. we need to have
> more marketing resources  (presentations, videos, , handouts , etc)
> targeted to this type of people who are dont really mind about the
> technical details behind fedora

Some of the solutions proposed for hosting an Art community would suit
other formats beside graphics (ccHost), so maybe having such an
infrastructure would stimulate people to provide content.