Translate of the New Join page in Spanish

Gian Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Mon Apr 23 04:43:28 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram escribió:
> Gian Paolo Mureddu wrote:
>
>> That is part of the problem, never got a reply that the signature of
>> the CLA was alright. Even though I sent it twice. Now since the purge
>> of the wiki, I have to re-create an account, and do all the process
>> again... By the way, it seems a bit daunting the whole lot of loops
>> through which I've had to jump to even get to the point to sign the
>> CLA... I don't mind the reading, but the recursive referencing in the
>> wiki is a bit excessive (IMO) feels like there's no "to the point"
>> link, and right now I've got like 5 or 6 tabs in Firefox pointing to
>> different documents referenced as steps to become a contributor from
>> the main directions page to gain Edit privileges to the wiki... looks
>> like a lot (again, I don't mind the reading, is just that seems much
>> more complicated than it actually is, especially for new users [both
>> to Fedora and Wiki systems]), just a thought for devising simpler
>> ways (though, now that I think of it, it may as well remain that way
>> to discourage those who wouldn't compromise).
>
> I don't think that keeping it deliberating confusing is a good thing.
> If we have usability issues with the wiki we need to fix that. The
> problem of ensuring that the system is not compromised should be
> satisifed by other means. The longer term goal is to make the CLA a
> click through process.
>
> Re-apply and follow the instructions at
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/AccountSystem/CLAHowTo
> which is supposed to be the "to the point" link. After you get edit
> access post to fedora-websites list and we can work out where we need
> to simplify it.
>
> Rahul

I'm currently in the process of doing so... I take it that (according to
the instructions) the Wiki account and the Fedora Accounts account are
different from one another? 'Cause I feel kind of lost at this point in
the instructions where I should apply for a Fedora account and then sign
the the CLA (got there *after* I created a wiki account, so I take it
they're different)