Fedora's mid-life crisis

Bob Staaf rstaaf at bellsouth.net
Sun Aug 5 14:44:22 UTC 2007

Yes I did read the article at the link you provided.  I wasn't trying to
make any kind of statement, it was a question.  I had read all the recent
articles regarding the Red Hat Global Desktop and talk of proprietary codecs
and what would appear to be a product outside of the typical enterprise
focus of current Red Hat products and then today I see what appears to be
indications of a change or at least talk of a change in focus for Fedora.

I have been a Red Hat user since 6.0, cut my Linux teeth on the hacked up
version of Red Hat that Cobalt used on their old Raq3 servers.  I went from
that to 6.2 on my own co-located servers and have used every version of Red
Hat since.  Having already been through a change with my favorite disto, I
get touchy when there is talk of messing with the focus of Redhat and now
Fedora.

Again, my email was a question and not any kind of statement....

Thanks

Bob