Three MythTV Linux distros compared

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Tue Aug 28 19:20:23 UTC 2007

Hi

Somewhat superficial review but can be useful to gather some basic
information if you are interested in a MythTV box

http://www.linux.com/feature/118668

"
My Series 1 TiVo is getting old, so I am planning an escape route based
on MythTV, a free software system that turns an old computer into a
personal video recorder. This week I tested three MythTV-specific Linux
distributions: KnoppMyth, MythDora, and MythBuntu. I found MythDora the
best overall fit for my needs"

"MythDora 4 is built on top of Fedora Core 6, also providing MythTV
0.20.1, and is available (via direct download only) as a 1.0GB DVD ISO
image or as two CD-sized ISO images."