thinking about the Fedora brand (WARNING: this is for you)

Bryan J. Smith thebs413 at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 3 16:35:27 UTC 2007

Greg Dekoenigsberg <gdk at redhat.com> wrote:
> How about "Fedora: Leading the Fight For Software Freedom"?
> I like having "Fight" in there.  Stirs up the passions.  :)

Nah, I don't really care for anything related to "conflict" myself.
In fact, I rather dislike those who constantly "pick fights" with me
when I'm just trying to do my 'thang (although I could be guilty of
being abrasive or not carefully tactful at times in e-mail and guilty
of causing it).

Give you an example ...

I'm new to photography.  I have a Pentax K100D dSLR (bought it in
April).  There is _no_shortage_ of people who come up to me and tell
me and say things like ...
  "Why didn't you buy a Canon or Nikon?"
  "I've never heard of Pentax"
  "Pentax doesn't have in-lens image stabilization and motors"
  "Pentax has so few digital lenses compared to Canon or Nikon"
Or Point'n Shoot users who say ...
  "Why did you go dSLR, a 'bridge' camera is better?"
  "I can get 3fps on my cheaper camera!"
  "I have a lower aperature, your lenses are slow!"
  "Pentax, nobody bought those except 1970 photo students"
Etc...

When I'm just out and trying to photograph things.  Sigh.

--
Bryan J. Smith   Professional, Technical Annoyance
b.j.smith at ieee.org    http://thebs413.blogspot.com