Fedora's mid-life crisis

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sun Aug 5 16:02:16 UTC 2007

Jonathan Roberts wrote:

> Originally I was suggesting some kind of method to take, and publish,
> submissions from all around the community covering the future of
> Fedora and where they'd like to see it go.

I am more interested in hearing from existing contributors who are
already participating in the discussions. End users tend to want a lot
of things and not all of them make sense to implement directly. Existing
contributors are clued in on the project ideas and where we can
realistically move forward.

Somebody mentioned in an
> earlier message in this thread that as a volunteer driven project it
> is important not to try and operate "top-down" - perhaps this would be
> a good way to get input from, and engage in discussion with the wider
> community.

Yeah, that someone was me but I wasn't interested in a generic vote from
everyone. I like the self selected groups.