Fedora-marketing-list Digest, Vol 38, Issue 7

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Mon Aug 6 04:41:48 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-08-05 at 22:49 -0400, Markus McLaughlin wrote:
> I am only trying to help Fedora become the OS that Ubuntu hasn't been
> able to live up to.  Ubuntu has so much going for it, Fedora is only
> now catching up but it needs to be more known.

Fedora is pretty well known.
And Red Hat even more so.

> What I hope to do with linuxglobe, is to promote Fedora and the other
> Linux OSes out there that aren't related to Ubuntu.

Why exclude Ubuntu?  Isn't "exclusion" something that is practiced in
the commercial software world?  I don't mean go out of your way to
include Ubuntu, but don't include all distros but Ubuntu.  That's
"exclusionary practices."

Now that's half-joking, but also half-serious.
I hope you see my point.  ;)

--
Bryan J. Smith         Professional, Technical Annoyance
mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org   http://thebs413.blogspot.com