Fedora's mid-life crisis -- YUM v. APT v. SmartPM

Igor Jagec igorm5 at vip.hr
Mon Aug 6 07:22:17 UTC 2007

Bryan J. Smith wrote:

> Why not SmartPM then?

There was an serious issue about SmartPM, but it seems to be solved.
http://tracker.labix.org/issue268

> smart.i386                               0.50-46.fc7            updates
> smart-gui.i386                           0.50-46.fc7            updates

The issue above applies to that version. We'll see if the problem is
really solved in 0.51 when the update will be pushed into F7 updates.

> I haven't checked if Smart fully supports multi-arch (i386 on x86-64),

I think it does, but I can't be sure since I use 32-bit version of F7.

--
Igor Jagec