How to compete against Ubuntu

Gian Paolo Mureddu gmureddu at prodigy.net.mx
Tue Aug 7 05:05:17 UTC 2007

Greg Dekoenigsberg escribió:

> Mostly I agree, but one note here: if there is one group to whom we
> should be more aggressively "marketing", it is to potential
> contributors.  Fedora needs to be more about contributors, and
> therefore making the lives of contributors easier.
>
> --g

Couldn't agree more... Fedora seems to have too much "bureaucracy" for
contributors to, well, contribute. Some might say that it is standard
bureaucracy, but still quite cumbersome at times. Not that it is
difficult, just messy and cumbersome at times. I know that the "others
are not so bureaucratic" argument means nothing, at least to the many
Fedora contributors and community members, but I've seen my share of
complaints from "would be" contributors about just that.