Fedora-marketing-list Digest, Vol 38, Issue 18

Bryan J Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Thu Aug 16 03:55:27 UTC 2007

I've been reserving judgement on your posts in the past.
With all due respect, I think your posts are without critical depth.

One second you over-praise and over-sell Fedora (and Linux).
Another second you have issues with Fedora (and Linux).
Both cases make me cringe because I differ greatly with both.
Especially on what Fedora (and Linux) does and does not do,
and what another distro or non-Linux does and does not do.

Many of your pro-Fedora statements are just blantant over-sells.
I have to fight those on Linux in general way too much.
But going the other way, your complements of non-Fedora
or non-Linux and things I completely and technically disagree with.

E.g., NT 6.0 Longhorn's Avalon was poorly implemented in WGF 1.1.
The resulting Aero interface is complely inferior to Xgl and AIGLX.
I could go very, very deep on these things and more.

So I ask you, please, please don't approach Fedora with
such a ."manic-depressive" duality, as it only reflects poorly.
I've seen it all-too-often, one day happy, next day onto another distro.

Just some advice, take it or leave it as you wish,
hate me for pointing it out, believe I'm mistaken, etc...

Bryan J Smith - mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org
http://thebs413.blogspot.com
Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile