Its good to be back and a few events.

susmit shannigrahi thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com
Fri Aug 17 04:14:55 UTC 2007

> > University of Technology(WBUT),Kolkata.Though the capacity is limited
> > to 30-35, We are looking for a series of such events.Distros will be
> > Fedora and probably Ubuntu too.
>
> What is the attendee profile ?

They are all students. Ranging over all the depts and years.
All Expectedly with basic experience of linux but without much
familiarization in terms of administration.

> > running few minutes ago.We are also thinking of a public mirror if we
> > can arrange for a bigger pipe.
>
> There was a dormant one at WBUT if I recall, 'tis the same or a new ?
> How is it being planned to be used ?

I don't know if there was any..But its from scratch.
Firstly its planned to be used in the install fest , then to serve to
the university locally.
Any suggestions to make it more useful?

> > to be mass deployed through pxe.(For details about this you may
> > contact Indranil Dasgupta at indradg at gmail.com).
>
> Is this ready to be prototyped ?

Afraid no. :) It will take a few more days. But I installed F7 on the
UVC..It ran fine (Except the same old X) without any performance loss.
Right now we have 3 uvc running on F7. All the peripherals are working
fine. But we want to optimize it for better performance and downsizing
it.

Regards,
Susmit.

--