Intro & observations

Davidson Rodrigues Paulo davidsonpaulo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 21 12:52:43 UTC 2007

Hi,

2007/8/20, Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com>:
> These are good points.  It is a challenge to get involved, it shouldn't
> be, and it's hard to know where to start in making it easier.

Recently as guided my fiancé on CLA creation process (she is now a
Fedora Ambassador - http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/NataliaWanick) and I
noted that all the instructions on creating PGP and SSH keys are based
in command line. This is an error because Fedora have the powerful and
simple Seahorse that allows users to manage your keys more easily than
I could imagine, so there is no reason to instruct people to use
another way.

Moreover, Fedora Account System does't recognize files signed with
Seahorse (on Nautilus, right-click on a file, Sign). Natalia was
unable to complete the CLA creation process using only graphic tools
shiped on Fedora, but she needed to open a terminal and type gpg -a
--sign [file]...

CLA creation is not a so hard process. There are just tw0 critical
steps, there are keys creating and signature validating. If we can
instruct people to do this using graphical tools, there will be no
dificulty to people create their CLA.

--
Davidson Paulo
Linux Systems Administrator