Discontent with LiveContent

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Tue Aug 28 07:08:28 UTC 2007

Gian Paolo Mureddu wrote:

> Why not make a LiveDVD, then? DVD's would be much more suited for
> "media" and "content" oriented LiveDisk projects. Granted not everyone
> has access to highspeed internet connections to download and burn these
> images, but a distribution channel I'm sure could be set up. Even in a
> DVD there's room for all of OOo with all and its lang-packs (so every
> language the distro supports also has a corresponding OOo language and
> resource... Not to mention it opens up the possibility to include so
> much more content (video, audio, writings, pictures, etc)

I don't know why CC used the CD format, I believe they wanted to reach
the largest possible audience (more people can read CD than DVD). I
suspect the connection speed was not the main concern and the main
distribution channel for that disc is physical media.

> Doesn't it include GNASH? The latest release supports rather well video
> playback from on-line sources such as YouTube and GoogleVideo, it'd only
> make sense to make sure it also played nice with the video player on the
> sites the Disk links to... Or at least let the Gnash developers know of
> these so they could broaden their test cases.

Gnash using ffmpeg? You know ffmpeg is not allowed in Fedora...