First slogan ideas.

Máirí­n Duffy duffy at redhat.com
Wed Aug 29 21:48:48 UTC 2007

Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> Στις 29-08-2007, ημέρα Τετ, και ώρα 17:39 -0300, ο/η Davidson Rodrigues
> Paulo έγραψε:
>> 2007/8/29, Giacomo Succi <giacomo_succi at email.it>:
>>> "The future of the operating systems is here. Fedora. My choice."
>> "My choice"... I liked. Sounds good. I had an idea:
>
> What do you think about the "current" one? "Infinity. Freedom. Voice."?
> We used it here on some websites and on a poster of ours:
>
>   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Marketing/StatisticsPoster

I really like that one but it's more for Fedora as a whole.... I was
thinking it would be nice to come up with one specific to Fedora 8. Kind
of like for FC6 we had the DNA so the slogan in the www.fpo banner was
was 'Fedora: the next evolution in operating systems' and for F7 we have
balloons so it's 'Fedora - the operating system that reaches higher'

Something that relates strongly to the artwork theme.

When I first thought about the F8 theme (Infinity) I thought the slogan
could be "Fedora: Infinite Boundaries" but I don't know if that's a good
one still. While the idea driving the artwork was Infinity, I think it
visually speaks more to community:

"I rather like this image, because it reminds me of the old story about
the Iroquois Nation I learned in school - the Iroquois Native Americans
were a federation of many different tribes of the Northeastern United
States. They came together as a united nation, and one of the stories
told about the formation of this nation talk about how each tribe was
seperately a single arrow, easy to break. But together, they were a
bunch of arrows, which is much harder to break. Fedora is made up of a
lot of folks from all around the world, and alone each person might not
be able to accomplish Fedora, but all together we can built a great OS."

So maybe something along those lines....

~m