Distrowatch on Fedora this year

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Mon Dec 17 17:27:46 UTC 2007

On 12/17/2007 05:43 PM, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Christopher Aillon wrote:
>>
>> Then we need people to tell the world.  Our engineers should not have
>> to hold this burden.  They are doing an awesome job with coding up all
>> the features.
>
> It wouldn't be a burden to tell the world that we are doing what we are
> doing then. One simple way to do this it to just blog more often. Our
> engineers do that sometimes but way less than ideal.

NURRRRRR.  BZZZZZT.  WRONG WRONG WRONG.

If an engineer happens to take time out of their busy lives, and time
away from doing awesome feature work for Fedora 9, then consider it a
bonus.  Expecting this from any engineer is just insane.

The ideal situation is we have people that care about Fedora that may
not necessarily be technical that will create buzz for the engineers who
don't necessarily have perfect verbal/hype skills.  These are two
completely different skill sets.  Don't confuse them.