Distrowatch on Fedora this year

Greg DeKoenigsberg gdk at redhat.com
Mon Dec 17 18:50:53 UTC 2007

On Mon, 17 Dec 2007, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> With Free software, the line between developers, testers, users and
> marketing folks often blurs. In Fedora, the "marketing team" is just a
> bunch of loosely organized volunteers including developers. That might
> be a bit troublesome to deal with it but we need to consider the feature
> process, blogging etc as part of our work too instead of deviation from
> "real work".

Wait a minute.

Feature planning is, of course, part of the "real work" of engineering,
and no engineer I know would claim otherwise.  I certainly didn't see
caillon say anything like "feature planning is a waste of my time."

Blogging can certainly be useful in gathering momentum around an idea,
yes.  But that doesn't mean it should be compulsory.

--g

--
Greg DeKoenigsberg
Community Development Manager