FUDCon Marketing?

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Wed Dec 12 14:30:59 UTC 2007

I thought Mike McGrath started a good idea with the thread about a
banner ad... what else are we doing to spread the word about FUDCon?  I
haven't seen any external press.

Some folks have mentioned spreading the word via blog postings, but that
seems to be more announcing to ourselves instead of the outside world.

Could we get some help from the RHT Communications people to start a
campaign now that builds up to the actual event?  Maybe first starting
with a press release?

This seems like a great opportunity to call attention to what is
different about Fedora conferences... things like the admission fee
being approximately $895 USD less than what it cost to attend the other
distro's recent conference in Portland, Oregon in July 2007?

But then maybe it isn't fair to compare these two conferences because
they have a different purpose as do the distributions? ;-)

John