Voting System Conflicts

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Dec 12 20:11:46 UTC 2007

(Evilly cross-posted to f-docs-l and f-marketing-l.)

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 07:06 -0800, Karsten Wade wrote:
> As per this consensus, we'll proceed until the previously decided
> nomination closing time (23:59 UTC today) to see if enough candidates
> appear to stand for FDSCo election.  If not, we'll postpone FDSCo
> elections until the end of the month, freeing up the voting system for
> others to use.

We are on the path to having an election.  Four people have
self-nominated:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/SteeringCommittee/Nominations

Unless the consensus changes, we'll close the nominations in four hours
and move to the voting phase in two days.

I hope this doesn't put too much of a twist in FAMSCo's plans.  FWIW, it
was never clear to me/us why the request was made.

- Karsten