Distrowatch on Fedora this year

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Dec 17 14:24:43 UTC 2007

Hi

Do we have a overtly technical image? What we need to do to change it?

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20071217#news

The positive:

"Fedora was perhaps the most pleasant surprise of the year. Its two
releases (versions 7 and 8) were well-received by reviewers and end
users alike as it continued on its well-established, but highly
innovative development path. Its new artwork team in particular deserves
high marks for its work, but the effort spent merging the "core" and
"extras" repositories before Fedora 7 and the growth of the volunteer
developer community were equally impressive"

Critique

"But despite all these positives, the distribution still fails to
attract first-time Linux users who sometimes complain about the lack of
a central configuration utility or the overly technical nature of the
operating system."