Distrowatch on Fedora this year

Kamisamanou Burgess kamisamanou at kamisamanou.net
Tue Dec 18 00:48:16 UTC 2007

On Dec 17, 2007 8:24 AM, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Hi
>
> Do we have a overly technical image? What we need to do to change it?

> Rahul
>
> In short: Yes and nothing

Longer: We are a very technical distribution, but it's the nature of the
current designers and users causing that. We could make Fedora more amateur
friendly, but I feel it would be at the expense of the pleasure those of us
who like to do things our way. I already uninstall most of the graphical
utilitie(s) for yum that I can.

     It's also important to note that being the progressive distribution we
are, there are going to be things that might not work as expected, which is
often frustrating to new users. The current Fedora userbase is, however, a
group of driven individuals that appear to enjoy making things work and
sharing what they've done. This drive is demonstrated in the many tutorials
that are quickly posted to the forums at fedoraforum.org.

    This is simply my observations and opinions compounded into one idea.

--
Sayonara,
Kamisamanou Burgess