Fedora more successful, developer-wise, than Ubuntu

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 22:02:39 UTC 2007

On Dec 24, 2007 2:49 PM, Jeff Spaleta <jspaleta at gmail.com> wrote:

> Point to specific functionality... open functionality that Fedora
> doesn't have that we should.

I think that what is being referred to here is the Ubuntu 'LTS'
releases, that get long term support updates.  I 'm kind of on the
fence on whether or not we should do this - it means extra developer
cycles that may or may not exist, and the fact that we *do* have RHEL
and it's derivatives, a la CentOS.  Someone looking for a free as in
{speech,beer} distribution with long term support I tend to point
towards CentOS, but maybe there is middle ground between that and the
current Fedora that we don't have.