[Fedora-marketing-list] Short info about Linux Solutions Event (France)

Armelk armelk at akserver.dyndns.org
Sat Feb 10 18:56:18 UTC 2007

Good afternoon Fedora Community,

the last week we have in France the major event about the Open Source and
Linux (10 000 Visitors).
In this event the major companies are present (RedHat, Novell, Mandriva,
IBM Open Source, Alcove, Bull,...) and in parallel a lot of free
associations or development are present to (Fedora, Debian, Unbutu,
KDE,...)
During this event a lot of French Fedora Ambassadors are present and the
Fedora Users are present to. We have a lot of very interesting discussions
about the future of Fedora, issues, requests, .... It's very interesting
time for the Fedora French community to share the same knowledge and the
same passion.
In the Linux community, we have a very good image and Fedora is a serious
distribution. But the French Ambassador Team doesn't play in the same
division of Unbutu, Debian,... WHY ?
No real support from the Fedora US, we waiting the Fedora DVD and Fedora
T-Shirt. Special thank to RedHat EMA, Frantz Meyer, William Hoffman, for
100 Fedora Core 6 DVD.
This is the second time we have the same issue with the Famsco, lot of
promise but nothing in the acts. The French ambassadors are really
despites.

I cross the fingers for the next event WE have a VERY STRONG SUPPORT from
the Famsco side, for your info, in France during the spring we have a lot
of local events (Install Party, Linux Day,...) and the next major event
for you is the Fosdem/Fudcon and I 'sorry I don't participate at this
event.

Have a nice day.

ArmelKermorvant
French Ambassador & Vice-President Fedora-FR