[Fedora-marketing-list] Fedora Free Media Program - December 2006

hymno3 crazymulgogi at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 02:13:36 UTC 2007

I had the same feeling, so in that case I suggest that in the following
page
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Distribution/FreeMedia/FC6DVD/December
the phrase "(Embargoed Destination)" be "(Embargoed Destination if sent
from US)" or something.
After all, fedoraproject.org is on the *World* Wide Web. :)

The following page:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Legal/Export
reads clearly:
"Fedora's software and/or technical data may NOT be exported/reexported,
either directly or indirectly, to the following U.S. embargoed or
restricted destinations: (...)"

I think this must be specified to "from the US" I guess.
I do wonder what "exported, either directly or indirectly" means; It's
FLOSS, and anyone connected to the internet even on Fiji can just
download it legally, but if it's on a disk, suddenly it's a matter of US
National Security?

regards,
herman