[Fedora-marketing-list] Fedora Free Media Program - December 2006

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jan 5 16:51:05 UTC 2007

hymno3 wrote:

> I do wonder what "exported, either directly or indirectly" means; It's
> FLOSS, and anyone connected to the internet even on Fiji can just
> download it legally, but if it's on a disk, suddenly it's a matter of US
> National Security?

Whether it or not is not our question. We just need to follow the local
laws where applicable even if they are totally dumb. The laws were
written mostly before the world of Internet and the ease of world wide
distribution and many of them are obsolete. We still need to follow them
to prevent liability issues.