[Fedora-marketing-list] M-L proposal

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jan 8 19:37:30 UTC 2007

Francesco Ugolini wrote:

> I've a modest proposal that consist in the merge of Fedora Ambassador
> and Fedora Marketing mailing lists. The reson of this is that i've see
> that many time the discussions are the same and it's seems to me as a
> redundant thing.
>
> I think that if we want to work better we have to work togheter, put our
> power into something and be sure that is no lost time.
>
> Yes, if we consider it we have to consider to open ambassadors list to
> non ambassador people (as marketing is). I think it will be a new step
> to improve the project giving all interested people to join the project
> and simplify the infrastructure.

With the large number of infrastructure changes associated with Fedora
7, we have recently started discussing the idea of reorganizing the
mailing lists.  See
https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-advisory-board/2007-January/msg00104.html.
  So instead of opening up ambassadors list, I think it might be better
to just merge ambassadors list with marketing list here and just discuss
everything in this list instead.

The original idea of ambassadors were contact points around events all
over the world but that has substantially changed and increased the
scope for the better over time. We opened up archives for ambassadors
list a while back after my prodding. I think we are ready for a merge
back now.  Folks who want to be recognised as ambassadors can just
follow the usual process. The rest of them marketing folks can continue
discussing things here as usual. The advantage of this is that it gives
us broader participation and visibility. Let me know what you guys think.