[Fedora-marketing-list] Re: Red Hat's Fedora to Get Longer Support

Jeremy Hogan jeremy.hogan at gmail.com
Thu Jan 11 01:27:03 UTC 2007

On 1/10/07, Leo <sdl.web at gmail.com> wrote:

> * Chris Negus (2007-01-10 12:43 -0600) said:
> > Fedora Linux
>
> I'd prefer Fedora GNU/Linux or just Fedora.

GNU/Linux isn't as Googlicious as Fedora Linux would be. Plus given the
number of non-gpl and non-gnu components it doesn't really make sense, as
much as it would make rms happy. I like plain Fedora myself, since it's an
os, and not the kernel, but given things like Fedora Directory Service,
Fedora Linux would be a consistent naming convention.

--jeremy