Fedora 7 - A Review

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Jul 4 10:20:49 UTC 2007

Hi

Short review but does mention the new SELinux management tool most
reviews haven't looked at.

http://shiftbackspace.com/2007/06/10/fedora-7-a-review/

"After writing this entire review while using Fedora 7, I feel much
better about it. I am thoroughly impressed by the offering supported in
part by Red Hat and the community involved. Unfortunately, the choice to
use only non-proprietary software makes this distribution more difficult
to use “out-of-the-box”. However, I whole-heartedly commend the Fedora
team on ensuring that every aspect involved is within the free and
open-source boundaries and any user who wants additional functions can
easily get them using the yum installer. Another great thing Fedora has
going for it is that so many applications are offered as easy-to-install
.rpm (Red Hat package manager) files."