Linus Torvalds: Fedora User

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Thu Jul 19 19:42:38 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-19 at 12:04 -0400, Eric J. Feldhusen wrote:
> On the plus side, his statement of
> is a positive statement regarding the installation process of Fedora.
> Still couldn't be used for marketing, but it's a nice compliment.

Agreed.

Although I still cringe when it comes to distros being based on
installers, instead of actual usage.  At the same time, people who just
have something against distros are always going to find something to
fault.

In general, I think the balance Fedora strikes, and continues to strike,
is all that matters.  It's not going to satisfy all, but it certainly
does a lot for many.  With all the fanfare Ubuntu gets with
end-consumers, Fedora still gets a lot of the installed based that
matters to me.

IT Professionals who can bring in a DVD and install it on countless
corporate networked systems without either any legal or technical
roadblocks.  And, again, that's all that matters to me, among countless
other IT Professionals.

--
Bryan J. Smith         Professional, Technical Annoyance
mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org   http://thebs413.blogspot.com