Fedora Project Sign for GITEX Demo Pod -- here we go ...

John Babich jmbabich at gmail.com
Mon Jul 30 15:40:22 UTC 2007

On 7/30/07, Chitlesh GOORAH <chitlesh at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> Without RH logo. !
>
> Why ? following John Babich discussion, some of us had some
> difficulties in organizing fedora booths at certain events in the
> past, just because Fedora was too related to Red Hat.
>
> Some organizers pointed to the direct influence of Red Hat in fedora's
> marketing team. At that time, we hadn't much choice than to accept and
> pay high price for the booth.

I wasn't aware of this...

> Most of the work done by the local ambassadors were in vain since we
> couldn't afford to pay more. Time was wasted.
>
> Now things have changed in the fedora community, but in some people's
> mind it isn't. So I strongly request you to avoid using Red Hat logo
> next to Fedora's in the future.
>
> Please don't complicate the life of other fedora ambassadors.

That's the best argument I heard so far.

Life is complicated enough. If it will cause harm to the efforts of
other Fedora Ambassadors, then I want to avoid that by all means.

Fedora's identity separate from Red Hat is important. The fact we will
be in the same booth as Red Hat should be enough of a connection as it
is.

Therefore, I will remove the Red Hat logo from poster and the flyers.

Thanks, everyone, for keeping the discussion civil.

Best Regards,

John Babich
Volunteer, Fedora Project