How’s Fedora 7 Faring?

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Jul 13 06:04:58 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:

> The statistics pages have more details but the uptake is pretty good so
> far. The smolt data is also pretty interesting.
>

> http://www.press.redhat.com/2007/07/03/hows-fedora-7-faring/

So anyone tries to speculate why F7 installs are at about 80% of the
previous FC6 installs? Summer is not a good time when people update
their distro? Is Fedora market share shrinking? Was FC6 such a good
distro people hesitate to upgrade from?
I would give myself a boring reply along the lines of "only two releases
is not enough data to draw a conclusion about trends" but I also would
like a bit of speculation.