Post-introduction (some 2 years late) ...

Bryan J. Smith b.j.smith at ieee.org
Mon Jul 23 03:49:00 UTC 2007

I've been on the list some 2 years, and I've never introduced myself.
It's not really that I want to introduce myself now, but rather make
some statements/clarifications that those running this list should be
aware of.

First off, I joined in 2005 August following interest in the logo.  I
raised some legal considerations that the time (which caused some
negative interest) and I pretty much been a lurker "on and off" since.

Secondly off, I never put forth the effort to become a "Fedora
Ambassador" myself, of which I hope does not disqualify myself from
being on this list.  I have pitched the same idea to other groups (e.g.,
LPI for their Alumni) because I think it's a good avenue.

Third, I joined a Linux vendor this past week, so I don't think I can be
an impartial Fedora Ambassador in the future, at least not while I'm at
this company.  Again, following the second point, let me know if this
disqualifies myself from being on this list.

I won't talk about my history except as stated in my signature ...
"Professional, Technical Annoyance."  That and the disclaimer that I've
made 90% of my salary/billables on Red Hat solutions over the last 12
years.  I.e., I'm your typical, American Libertarian capitalist pig who
probably wouldn't be here if it didn't make me so rich.  ;)

--
Bryan J. Smith         Professional, Technical Annoyance
mailto:b.j.smith at ieee.org   http://thebs413.blogspot.com