Re: Red Hat Launches New Package Repository for Enterprise Linux

Bryan J. Smith wrote:
On Sun, 2007-07-29 at 17:16 -0500, Gian Paolo Mureddu wrote:
Now they only have to issue an update batch where they also include as dependencies the required packages to configure these extra repositories in the deployed and supported distributions so users would have to do zero to very little configuration and start using these packages.

I've re-read this a couple of times and I'm still confused on what you
meant by an "update batch"?  And provided by whom?

He wants Red Hat to include EPEL as a repository by default. By "update batch", he is referring to the sync updates like 5.1. This needs to be discussed with product management. I will let you know if and when there is a change.